Determine long-term strategies to secure your success in the future
For most companies in the aerospace and defence sector, the environment is characterized by technological transformations, new competitors, rapidly changing market, and general conditions, as well as by changes in business models.
Long-term strategies and rapid change in the environment are not contradictory. “Steering by sight” must not be at the expense of “thinking ahead and acting for the long term”, as the right strategy and the appropriate transformation will determine your future success.
We help our clients from the aerospace and defence sector to identify the decisive levers as well as to orchestrate their value chain, structure, and capabilities for the future.
- Strategy review based on technology, market, and competitive landscape developments
- Functional strategies (processes of innovation, R&D, sales, programme management)
- Strategic portfolio analysis (business units, resources / capabilities, industrial structure)
- Strategy implementation support
- M&A strategy (M&A targets, target screening, acquisition process, integration, divestments)
Strategic realignment business unit
The business unit of a leading multinational defence company struggles with heavy dependence on an OEM, an outdated product portfolio, new competition, change in core technologies, and an internationalisation with limited success so far.
- Sharpening the business unit strategy together with a team from the client
- Orchestration of a series of workshops with content-related impulses along the strategic modules: internationalisation, short-term portfolio, and medium- & long-term portfolio.
- Internationalisation: analysis of key markets, definition of a market entry strategy including programmes, products, local partners, and definition of responsibilities / budgets
- Short-term portfolio: revision and prioritisation of business cases
- Revision of the long-term product and competence portfolio
- Reorganisation of core functions to support the realignment in the areas of profit centre management, sales, product management, and development
Realignment of the business unit, product, and sales strategy. Targeted investment in innovative products.
Your Contact Person
Dr. Mike Körner