Growth in a new reality
Post-Covid, commercial aviation is recovering fast. Nevertheless, the environment remains volatile and is slowed down by sustained geopolitical changes. Due to missing components, material shortages, rising energy costs as well as sanctions lists, the supply chain comes to the fore with respect to security of supply and economic efficiency. Suppliers are also coming under strong pressure. However, the long-term effects of geopolitical dynamics in the key industry of aviation require a reassessment of growth forecasts as well as of policies regarding technology, location, and investment. At the same time, the industry is characterised by a greater focus on the issue of sustainability as well as on new applications such as air taxis.
Military aviation benefits profoundly from geopolitical changes. Delayed political decisions such as armed drones or Tornado succession are being made and trigger a push of procurements and new military developments. In the short term, the focus is on the availability of the systems introduced, whereby new forms of cooperation between industry and the German armed forces are required.
We support our clients from the military and commercial aviation industry with adapting their processes and structures to the new post-covid and geopolitical situation as well as with identifying and realizing growth opportunities.
- Scenario analysis based on new realities and volatilities
- Supply chain risk management
- Revision of your corporate strategy based on the new developments of technology, market, and competition
- Speed up development processes
- Speed up programme execution or production ramp-up
- Increase availability of systems (supply chain optimisation, performance-based contracting)
- Professionalisation of the service business
Optimisation of Military Aircraft Maintenance (MRO)
A leading European aerospace company experiences problems in its aircraft maintenance operations (MRO). There is a mix of process deficiencies, customer dependencies, missing parts, unexpected technical problems as well as difficulties in the supply chain. Deliveries are significantly behind schedule while the end customer is dissatisfied and threatens to impose severe consequences.
- Analysis of MRO problems, dependencies in the process chain, and spare parts problems
- Linking cause-effect relationships
- Analysis of risks & opportunities
- Systematic elaboration of improvement measures
- Prioritisation of measures
- Establishment of a continuous quantitative target / actual deviation analysis
- Definition of responsibilities
The measures developed led to a halving of the MRO lead time. The project received a Group Excellence Award, and the end customer calls the programme a success story.
Your Contact Person
Dr. Mike Körner