Shorten lead times and ensure delivery capability
The new post-covid realities and geopolitical changes force many companies in the aerospace and defence industry to realign their supply chain: availability, security of supply, sustainability and economic efficiency are reassessed.
Efficient operations have always been the backbone of a successful company and are increasingly becoming a decisive competitive advantage. Digitisation, new technologies, and new cooperation models are also permanently changing the established processes in this context.
We help our clients from the aerospace and defence industry to find answers to their supply chain and operations challenges.
- Supply chain transparency and risk management
- Realignment of the supply chain
- Acceleration of programmes and their execution
- Increasing efficiency in value creation
- Increasing availability of systems
Improvement of spare parts availability
Our client, a multinational aerospace company, has taken responsibility for the rapid availability of spare and exchange parts for its complex system with around 60,000 individual parts at the end customer. The performance-based contract includes significant financial incentives to keep the right parts available in the shortest possible time. Despite intensive efforts, the operational performance to date has been very unsatisfactory.
- Improve the quality of master data
- Refine demand forecast
- Refine sourcing / warehousing strategy by item / supplier
- Manage supply chain risks incl. obsolescence
- Measure / improve process performance
Due to the adjustments in the processes and the organisation, the availability of spare parts as well as the operational performance could be significantly increased step by step. All contractual KPIs were achieved or exceeded.
Your Contact Person
Dr. Mike Körner