Coping with re-orientation
With around one million employees, machine and plant construction is the industry with the largest number of employees in Germany. The mainly medium-sized companies supply complex products to all sectors.
Technological changes such as digitisation, networking, assistance systems and virtualisation affect the majority of the industry. China has long been the most important market, having developed into a global competitor and buyer of expertise companies.
We can support you in developing a strategy tailored to your situation, and we can support you through its implementation.
- Revising your business strategy on the basis of technology, market and competition development
- Increase efficiency in development processes, from the idea to the product
- Adapting sales structure and sales organisation
- Review of manufacturing processes and procedures
- Professionalisation of after-sales business
Growth in After-Sales-Services
A medium-sized producer of packaging machinery has problems with charging and marketing support services. This means the after-sales market share for its own machines is just 30%.
- Formalising an after-sales strategy
- Professionalisation of existing services (documentation of contents and processes)
- Set up of after-sales distribution, marketing and commercial processes
- Creation of process-related, organisational and infrastructural conditions for After-Sales business (e.g. profit center)
- Analysis of machines delivered and service turnover per client/per country and specific service and marketing activities derived from this
With this procedure, it has been possible for the machine manufacturer to significantly increase their after-sales share and the profitable spare parts business for their own machines. Furthermore, valuable insights into competitors have been gained.
Your Contact Person
Dr. Roland Zarske